Re: Signal 11 Panics

>Signal 11 is usually a memory problem, such as segment violation, etc.
>The Linux 2.0.0 docs mention that you can get a Signal 11 when doing
>kernel builds, and that it usually means a memory hardware problem,
>such as a flakey RAM module or some such thing.

Well, it can be other things as well, such as caches, CPU type and
more. You'd best go and find the `Signal 11 FAQ', for which I don't
have the URL at hand. It's a common Linux/i386 problem, caused by the
extensive use of the cheap hardware it's running on. Too bad I'm
running Linux/68k. :)

--
      __
     ///  Pascal Eeftinck -- C/C++ and Assembler Programmer -+- GFX Freak