open network connections

>> What is the function to determine if a certain network connection is still
>> active?
>
>In a !d verb, try any of theese:
>typeof(connection_name(OBJ))!=ERR
>typeof(idle_seconds(OBJ))!=ERR

Hmm - here is probably a related problem which I never had the time to dig into:

The MCP patch requires that you start the $httpd server object in order to
connect to a WWW gateway. However I didnt find any way to check if that
start is done already or not. Moreover in my MOO I sometimes have to start
$httpd over after some time - I have the impression $httpd simply stops
listening after some time. Is there any way to find out if it is still
listening? Simply restarting it every hour just to make sure cannot be the
right way...

Andreas

                     Andreas Dieberger
andreas.dieberger@lcc.gatech.edu    dieberger.chi@xerox.com
            Juggler@{TechMOO, JHM, MediaMOO}

 http://www.gatech.edu/lcc/idt/Faculty/andreas_dieberger/
"I don't even have an email address. I have reached an age
   where my main purpose is _not_ to receive messages."
                                            -- Umberto Eco