Re: Large MOOs

John Towell's solution, to add a MOO (or COLD) interface to an external
database server, is likely an optimal solution.  You then get all the
added functionality of the Sybase (or whatever) server.  We did this with
the AstroVR proposal review system, which had to work with existing
Sybase infrastructure.  During a review, we service several thousand
SQL requests over the course of a day or two, with zero lag.

To make such an interface, write a simple intermediary process the MOO
can connect to using open_network_connection which then forwards requests
to the database engine and returns query results to the MOO.  I can provide
perl code implementing this on request.

Cheers,
		Dave Van Buren