probs w/MOO on BSDI?

DreaMOO was recently relocated to a BSDI machine, and since then I've had
no end of problems.  First it was just memory stuff, so we added more
RAM.  Now I'm just getting random shutdowns/sig11's, like this:

Dec 25 22:56:32: CHECKPOINTING on lc.db.new.#14# ...
Dec 25 22:56:49: *** PANIC: Caught signal 11
Dec 25 22:56:49: PANIC-DUMPING on lc.db.new.PANIC ...

(it never finished that dump, just spun off into nowhere, sucking up cpu
and not writing anything to the db file, until I kill -9'ed it.
sometimes the dumps are good, sometimes not.)

Is MOO just inherently not stable on BSDI machines?  Or maybe I've missed
some patch somewhere, we're using 1.7.9p2 though.  Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.  DreaMOO previously was running 1.7.9p2 on our HP
here, with weeks of uptime with no problems or crashes, so I'm wondering
if it could be an OS incompatibility somewhere...

We are running with non-forking checkpoints, also.  But these crashes
don't always seem to occur during a checkpoint... I can't tell any real
pattern to them.

-Jackie Hamilton
kira@metronet.com
http://www.metronet.com/~kira/