Re: Two 1.7.9p2 Bugs

cricket writes:
> I hate to ask a potentially dumb question, but I have no choice :) I know
> what a debugger is and such, but how exactly would I use it on a possibly
> corrupted db file to track down a problem? Is there some help in plain
> english on UNIX debuggers that might help a poor cricket with drooping
> antennae?

Here's a quickie guide:

1) Check that there's a file named `core' in the directory from which you ran
   the server.  If there isn't, then stop now; we can't get the stack backtrace
   for this panic.  You might try typing `limit coredumpsize unlimited' to your
   UNIX shell before starting the server again; that might help you get a
   `core' file from the next panic.

2) Type either `gdb moo core' or `dbx moo core', depending on which debugger
   exists on your system.  If you don't know, just try these in order until one
   works.

3) At the debugger prompt, type `where' and then `quit'.  Send me the output.

NOTE: Core files can be quite large; you might want to remove the file after
      using the debugger on it.

	Pavel