alpha3 stat.h problem and solution

It appears that some platforms(notably FreeBSD 2.0) seem to have a
/sys/stat.h that assumes types.h is already included.  Compiling will
generate a[Aunch of errors during db_file.c, starting with:

In file included from my-stat.h:20,
                 from db_file.c:22:
/usr/include/sys/stat.h:55: parse error before `ino_t'
/usr/include/sys/stat.h:55: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
union

If you see this, you need to modify my-stat.h from:

#include <sys/stat.h>

to:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

Brian

P.S.  Has anyone made up a list of verbs that become broken in alpha3
without $server_options.support_numeric_verbname_strings?  I know this
will almost definitely affect most implementations of @dump and @verbs,
possibly @disp and @show... It's going to be a pain to hunt all these
instances down, but probably worth it in the long run.  Turning off
.support_numeric_verbname_strings will also fix the problems with
LambdaCore's last_huh and login commands catching "0","1","2",etc.
and either calling a verb it shouldn't or raising an error.
---
   Brian Buchanan    sysop@calbbs.com    brian@wasteland.calbbs.com
-= ArchWizard of Digital Wasteland MOO (wasteland.calbbs.com 8888) =-

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index