Invite to the Jest (exercise delete skills as needed)

Many of us have been asked what it takes to set up a MOO: what software, what
kind of computer, how much RAM. We are asked about the costs of the
machinery. People talk in $$terms of technological resources and rarely of
the human resources. For every MOO server, every meg of RAM, we also need to
consider the people who work to set up, maintain, and develop MOOs: the
wizards, admins, programmers, builders and yes, the "players."  Part of
"valuing" the play we do on MOO also has to do with "valuing" the
extraordinary amount of time and creative effort that goes into our MOOs on
a, mostly, volunteer basis. As we promote MOO for education, we also need to
ensure that we place as much value on our people as we do the technology
itself.

****   Playing the Jester is Hard Work   ****
*                                           *
*               December 4                  *
*               8:00 am PST                 *
*                 and                       *
*               5:00 pm Pacific             *
*                                           *
*     Examining the human resources         *
*     necessary to MOO: what have we        *
*     invested of our own time, training,   *
*     and other resources?                  *
*                                           *

Please join us at DaMOO <lrc.csun.edu 7777> where we will continue to share
experience, insight and serious goofiness. Once again, we will be seeking
URLs pointing to serious/jesterly studies of MOO. Bring your bookmarks. Bring
your projects and studies, both online and off.

---
Kristian Fuglevik
kristian@lrc.csun.edu			DaMOO
DaGroup, Northridge, Ca.	http://lrc.csun.edu:8888