CallerID /German Telecom

Bjoern Buerger (b.buerger@tu-bs.de)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 00:13:41 +0200

Bernd Valnion wrote:
> Is it possible to use the new CallerID Service from the German Telecom.
> I have a Zyxel 1496E ( works fine ) am vgetty.
> Do they use the same Standard as the US-Companys do ?

NO. Zyxel uses CND (Caller Number Delivery)

Telekom uses an own proprietary protocoll, called CLIP
(Caller Line Indentification Protokoll).
I tried to find out why they dont use international or
european standards, but during about 4 weeks I couldnīt find
anybody at T. who could tell any details about it. :-((
Even at the T-headquarters in Bonn they couldnīt find
anybody who knew more than the prices for CLIP :(

If you get _any_ info about CND/CLIP, PLEASE forward it to me ;-)

Ciao, Bjoern

--
        o_)   Bjoern Buerger -  Student of electrical engineering
   .-. _/\    Technical  University  of  Braunschweig  /  Germany