seg fault with viewfax under AIX (when pressing 'u')

"Frank D. Cringle" (fdc@cliwe.ping.de)
Wed, 29 May 1996 21:18:05 +0200

gert@greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) writes:
>Michael Staats wrote: (where did he write? I did not get the original
(yet))

>> recently I found a bug in viewfax (the version distributed with
>> mgetty-0.99).
>>
>> When pressing 'u' in the viewfax window the program dumps core.
>
>Ha! It *does* have some bugs left in. Every time I tried to find one,
>Frank proved that the bug was in the window manager or in the X server
>or wherever :-)

It seems you don't follow the tiff mailing list, Gert.  A bug was
discovered there recently which is present in viewfax and which I
could not explain away (it is in the error recovery after a coding
error).

If Michael can send me more details (e.g. compile with -g and send me
gdb's stack trace) I will have a go at rationalising his problem.

--
Frank Cringle                      | fdc@cliwe.ping.de
voice + fax                        | +49 2304 467101