seg fault with viewfax under AIX (when pressing 'u')

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Wed, 29 May 1996 22:59:51 +0200

Hi,

Frank D. Cringle wrote:
> gert@greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) writes:
> >Michael Staats wrote: (where did he write? I did not get the original
> (yet))

He wrote on the mgetty list. Dunno why you didn't get this. I've resent
it nevertheless.

[..]
> >> When pressing 'u' in the viewfax window the program dumps core.
> >
> >Ha! It *does* have some bugs left in. Every time I tried to find one,
> >Frank proved that the bug was in the window manager or in the X server
> >or wherever :-)
>
> It seems you don't follow the tiff mailing list, Gert.

Actually I don't (didn't I tell you before that I do not like TIFF too
much? It is a good thing - but too much of it).

> A bug was
> discovered there recently which is present in viewfax and which I
> could not explain away (it is in the error recovery after a coding
> error).

*grin*

> If Michael can send me more details (e.g. compile with -g and send me
> gdb's stack trace) I will have a go at rationalising his problem.

The problem went away when compiled with "-g", this is one of the
problems.

gert

--
                                                            //www.muc.de/~gert