Porting gcc

Tim Parker (timp@redac.co.uk)
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:01:22 GMT

Joseph Gaffney writes:
 > At 05:21 PM 1/22/98 -0400, Mark Walker wrote:
 > >Joseph,
 > >
 > >>I have just begun to port gcc to output forth binaries.
 > >[...]
 > >>The plan isn't to have gcc on the MISC chip itself (yet), but to be able to
 > >>create Forth binaries throuch C on the computer, and be able to transfer
 > >>them to the MISC system.
 > >
 > >Are you planning to incorporate your work into the existing body of
 > >cross-compilation (xgcc) facilities for gcc?
 >
 > I didn't know of a project to create a cross-compiler...
 >
 > Where is the information on this? It would be easier to help there then to
 > do it alone =)

Just a thought, have you seen Philip Koopmans' paper on stack optimization ?

<http://www.cs.cmu.edu/People/koopman/stckcomp/index.html>

Been thinking about having a deeper look at this (as usual, when I get
some free time... :) in particular for the F21. If this is grandmother
and egg-sucking time, my apologies, just getting into MISC. Any road
up, this port sounds blobby interesting, any chance of any info on
how/what you're doing - don't know if I can help but I fancy getting
my hands dirty on something like this.
Have fun

Tim

.