Subject: The MISC mailing list is back

From: Penio Penev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 23:42:56 -0400

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Jeff Fox wrote:

> A couple of years ago we had about 100 people asking these same
> questions either here or in email to me.  In order to not take
> up bandwidth in comp.lang.forth about MISC hardware details 
> and errata we set up the MISC mail list which has about 200
> people in it now.
> 
> The MISC mail list and Penio's other accounts are not in operation
> at the moment.  

I am happy to announce that the MISC mailing list is back after the
recovery of a crash with sparks off the power supply of the machine. 

To access the list from the web, visit
http://pisa.rockefeller.edu:8080/MISC/

To subscribe, send email to [email-masked] with the
word 'subscribe' in the Subject: .

> When they are revived or moved somewhere else 
> you can check the archives and the discussions of these people
> about P21 and other MISC experiences.

> I really don't have the time to answer all of your questions
> here, so I think you may have to wait to get into the MISC archives.

Be welcome to check them out,

--
Penio Penev <[email-masked]> 1-212-327-7423

---

From: Eugene Leitl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 19:41:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Thanks god! I almost thought something very bad (even worse than 
abovementioned system casualty) has happened.

I have been unable to reach Jeff/Chuck lately, had anybody more luck? Any 
inside info, how the iTv box is progressing, somebody?

In 

  http://www.dnai.com/~jfox/f21stat.html

it is stated:

  "A limited number of F21b prototype chips and F21 PCBv1 are available 
   from Ultra Technology".

Has anybody ordered/used these? What was your experience so far?

I have built a POP biotracker, a wearable (D)GPS/biosignature telemetry 
device. Now I'd like to build a fully working prototype. However, as the 
project financers are pushing for speed, and there are different 
(non-FORTH :((  developer fraction in the tentative team, I am somewhat 
strained in legitimizing my indended use of Forth/MISC/F21. I believe 
need a true killer demo.

I'd very like to make it a true MISC Forth box. However, the F21 
developer board is still not available, so I consider starting on the 
Dr. Ting's MuP21 board. Alas, I have not found any details about this 
beast. An URL, anybody?

What I need:

- a PAL output (NTSC is useless in Europe, I know MuP21 can do PAL in 
  theory)
- a standard PC keyboard input
- a serial port (best 2 x RS232, but I'd settle for one)
- some kind of mass storage, e.g. a flash memory card
- some digital I/O lines
- a small prototype area (optional)

Does the Offete system qualify?

Thanks a lot in advance,

-- Eugene