HIGHER-FIRE digest 382 (WoF)

moon@netjava.com (moon@netjava.com)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 11:12:02 -0600 (CST)

Bro. Hall, your right. Anyone that wants to be KJV only should get the
non-revised version of the KJV. My wife was KJV only until last year. We were in
a book store, and I happened to ask if they had, I believe it's a 1814 version
of the KJ Bible. <G> She read a few verses and looked at me and said, "this
don't make no sense". <G> I've not heard another KJV only sermon from her since.

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, andyg@zeus.odyssey.net (Andy Gossett) wrote:
>Once upon a time S. Hall wrote
>>
>>I have the Word of God and my brother it is perfect, in the KJV, I trust
>>that the Lord,
>>"who is God", was able to have delivered to us, "His Word."
>>When the Lord baptized me with His Spirit, He showed me the KJV was His
>>Word, and the most important thing for me to do was get the Word in me.
>

>I reply:
>
>I'm sorry, but I simply do not agree.  You said that God showed you that,
>and that is fine.  He didn't show me!
>
>I have always believed (and still do) that the King James translation is
>just that, a translation.  Nothing more.  It was translated by fallible men
>of sometimes dubious origin and much of its scholarship was based upon
>earlier translations, notably Coverdale, 1535; Thomas Matthew, 1537; the
>Great Bible, 1539; the Geneva Bible, 1560; and the Bishops Bible, 1568.
>These all immediately preceded and fed into the translation we now refer to
>as the King James Version.  It was translated by Trinitarians without the
>Holy Ghost who had never heard of Jesus name baptism, etc....

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
http://www.netjava.com/~moon
Fax (806)274-9650                         Regards
E-Mail moon@netjava.com                        Jerry Moon