votes for second list

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 01 Feb 1997 15:46:59 -0800

LGSONG@aol.com wrote:

> <<This started a private communication between me and you...why did you feel
>  the need to bring this public? >>
>
> Dear Brothers,
>
> I have to agree with you that these things should remain Private.

Should not a public reference to the "MINISTRY" be addressed
publicly on behalf of those who might lower their
respect for their OWN pastors through seeing other ministers
addressed in a certain tone?

That is they way I was taught concerning the ministry.  We should
uphold MINISTRY, not due to the individual, but the "calling" of God.

Ministers are weak vessels as much as any saint is.  But the anointing
to "minister" in one of the five-fold gift capacities is indeed
an honourable thing.  And that, not the person, should be upheld.

And for saints to watch "MINISTERS" being called upon the carpet
is to hurt their faith.  Yes, ministers are not perfect.  Oh,
my!  I wish I had done things differently.  But after apologizing and then
to have it mentioned again....

Chats were shared amongst us privately which I would never bring to
the public, since the public is not involved.

And the messages sent privately were MUCH different than the ones sent
publicly.

>>> since you mentioned this publicly, it must be addressed publicly.

This statement referred to that which was mentioned publicly regarding
ministers.  It pointed out that nothing else besides this was all that
was to be addressed publicly.  But, again, the private messages involved
much more.

> When we
> have a rif it's no one else's business.

Agreed. But the mention of the MINISTERS on the list was a bit much,
especially after they all apologized.  That should be addressed
publicly.  But that alone.

I feel bad that the words describing a "rebuke" were mentioned
publicly by one to whom I privately emailed.

Lord, help me to have a godly heart!

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume