KJV

Andy Gossett (andyg@zeus.odyssey.net)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 20:05:51 -0500 (EST)

Once upon a time Henry Bunch wrote:

>Andy, did you really make that statement ( let the real word of God stand
>up)???

I reply:

No.  That was in the post that was directed back to me by S. Hall.  I NEVER
said that!

Henry Bunch then wrote:

>If you do not accept the KJV as the word, that was translated in about
>1611
>then it will be very difficult to have a meaningful discourse with you.

I reply:

If I do not accept KJV as THE WORD?  I'm sorry, it is but a translation.  I
will admit it is the BEST translation, but it is still a TRANSLATION.

Henry Bunch then wrote:

>DO NOT give me ANY gibberish about those imperfect men, translating
>from a translation.  YOU, if you are honest you  will find TRUTH.
>
>Who put that lie in your head anyway? Check out that persons life.  Most
>people
>cast doubt on something they do not want to be responsible for.

I reply:

The translating from a translation lie?  Check my post, that's not what I
said.  I just simply say they leaned on those earlier translations, a fact
that the translators themselves declare in the forward to the KJV, and I quote:

        "that out of the original Sacred Tongues, together with comparing of
the labours, both in our own, and other foreign Languages, of many worthy
men who went before us, there should be one more exact Translation of the
holy Scriptures into the English tongue...."

Henry Bunch then wrote:

>I will promise you Jesus did not put that lie into your head.  Jesus also
>did not cause many different translations, for it breeds confusion.

I reply:
Brother, I'm not sure what you mean by that.  What if you don't speak
English?  What if you live in a different time when the English language has
grown and changed a great deal, (like say 400 years) after it was
translated?  What if you simply don't like putting your faith in men that
you have never met, but you are sure that they were not filled with the Holy
Ghost and were trinitarian in belief?

If you ask me do I believe in the sacredness of the Scriptures.  YES

If you ask me do I believe the KJV is the best of translations. YES

If you ask me do I believe the KJV  is inspired. NO

Respectfully submitted,

Andy (shining a light in his head to see what else may be there) Gossett