KJV

Andy Gossett (andyg@zeus.odyssey.net)
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:56:24 -0500 (EST)

Once upon a time Henry Bunch wrote:

>How in this world did we ever find the truth using the KJV??????

The same way we always find it, by studying the word of God and allowing it
to speak to me in conjunction with the Holy Ghost!

Henry Bunch then wrote:

>My , my I am so confused, to think that our early day leaders in 1900
>most likely did not have ANYOTHER translation, yet here we are today
>loving God's truth, without having NIV, NKJV ,or Duay's. In fact if they
>had used them if they even existed then, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED A
>COMPROMISER.

I reply:

Most likely did not have any other translation.  Hmmm. Check your history
books before you make that statement.  Besides, they were called a lot worse
than Compromisers, they were called HERETICS.  I didn't know name calling
had anything to do with finding truth.

Henry Bunch then wrote:

>My comment about trying to read two maps at the same time still stands.

I reply:

Agree whole heartedly Brother.  Which is exactly my point.  I'm interested
in what the Word of God says, not simply what a group of men 400 years ago
decided that it said.  The only true map we have is the Word of God, not any
translation.

Just out of curiosity.  What did they do before 1611 years.  Was there no
Word of God then?  Did they have to wait around and hope King James would
hurry up and translate the Bible?  And you never did answer my question.
What if you don't speak English?  Is there no Word of God for you then.  No
translation acceptable?  How would we know what is right?

The answer is simple, the way we always do.  Through diligent efforts to
study.  You've twisted my point everytime, so I'm going to try it one more
time.

I believe in the sanctity of the Holy Scriptures as delivered unto the
apostles.  I believe the King James Version is the best translation of those
scriptures.  I do not believe that I am incapable of studying those
scriptures along with other resources other than the King James Version of
the Bible to determine meaning of scriptures.  I do not believe the King
James Version ITSELF is inspired, except when it agrees with the original
Holy Scriptures.  Maybe it agrees 100% of the time.  I do not know.  It is
incumbent upon me to search the scriptures daily to see whether these things
be so.  I hold no other translation to any other standard.  At the point
they disagree with the Holy Scriptures originally given by God, they are
wrong.  That applies to any and all translations.  I simply do not blindly
accept what anybody SAYS the Holy Scriptures say.  I think that it is my job.

I agree with the statement of Bro. Blume about the textus receptus being
those Holy Scriptures.  I am glad the original translators of the KJV used
it.  That is why I say, and have said before, that the King James is the
most reliable of all translations, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS NECESSARILY
PERFECT.  The Word of God is perfect.  That is all I am saying.

Yours in Christ,

Andy Gossett