Everything!

Anthony D Barnett (adbarnett@juno.com)
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 17:45:13 EST

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997 14:14:37 -0500 "Timothy Litteral" <brotim@gte.net>
writes:

>How did my statement about Dave/non-Oneness "evolve" into
>slapping Trinitarians?

I write:
I believe I was expounding on something Bro. Harrell wrote. I could be
wrong, But that is what I thought.

You write:
>Question: "Does EVERY situation require a "light"
>approach?"

Allow me to show you my side Bro........   "....does EVERY?....."
NO.......But like my momma said, You get more flies with honey than
vinegar. NOW, DON'T go off on me about being weakhearted and not being
bold enough and skirtin the real issue's and wanting to have my ears
tickled by preachers who need money more than heaven, Yadda, Yadda,
Yadda. Because I believe we need to be strong in the face of the devil,
But not neccessarily in the face of our neighbor.
The reason I said that responding to Trinitarians that way was because I
am a businss owner, and I have many opportunities to talk to folks about
religious issues, Thank you Lord, I would not however be a biz owner very
long if I told all my clients in a "Temple Cleansing" manner that I think
they are full of lies and going to the Lake of Fire of Hades or whatever.
Deal with people honestly and squarely and look em in the eye.Tell em
your Apostolic and that usually is enough to get them scurrying about to
find something else to talk about. Trust Me. And then I get some Lame
comment like, "well, we all know the same Lord". Then I just sit there,
Not saying a word. It is very effective in positioning myself behind the
truth, Without, steppin up on some soapbox. To give you an example, I
told an outgoing Baptist man that we had so many  baptised last year and
so many filled with the Holy Ghost. He said "ya'll tarry for salvation?"
(He was smiling deftly now) I said something of the afirmative. He began
to talk about the neccessity of this and that, I just pulled out my Bible
and read 2 -3 verses from Acts. He than began to create a sense of
urgency and we Quoted a couple of things back and forth. then, He had to
go. He walked out of my office, Turned around and walked back in and
said, Um.....Could you pray for my wife, She is ill and is in the
hospital now. I said "sure" (now I was smiling deftly). I wasn't rude to
him at all. The sad part is, I no longer work at that location, so I
don't see him anymore. The folks that took over that office (insurance
agency by the way) are also Apostolic and I'm sure they've had a couple
times to talk to him.

>  I condemned no one.  I was saved by some pretty STRONG words!

I didn't say you did condemn anyone. Keep in mind, When we preach
Hell-Fire and Brimstone, we say strong words and many people get an
urgency. I myself was saved at an all night prayer meeting and was
drowning in His love. I have been corrected by strong words and seen
other saved at H-F and B meetings ( not Higher- Fire and Bowling meeting
either).

God Bless
Andy Barnett
adbarnett@juno.com