1 John 5:7, Matthew 28:19 and John 16:26

"Terrance Pickl" (tpickl@unicomp.net)
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 21:52:31 -0600

This verse was added into the Bible by the translators of King James
Version.  Cross it out.   It is usually omitted from modern translations.
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the
Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

In the Matthew 28:19 the singular reference "Name" is of course Jesus!
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the
name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

A verse which makes me uncomfortable is:
John 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not onto you,
that I will pray the Father for you;
Here we find Jesus is telling his disciples that a day is coming when they
would no longer ask him for something, They would be able to go straight to
the Father in Jesus name.  Obviously this is spoken from the humanity of
Jesus. I used to direct my prayers toward Jesus.  It took me awhile to
fully accept God as my father and pray to my Father in Jesus name.

Terrance J. Pickl
Plano Texas, USA
EMAIL:  tpickl@unicomp.net
Work Web Site:  www.cybout.com