Word of Faith--Contexts

suprdave@lightspeed.net (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 09:47:11 -0800

Matthew Shaw wrote:

>Words are powerful.  They can hurt; they can edify, BUT THEY ARE NOT CREATIVE!
>I believe in asking in faith believing, but to suggest that the ultimate de-
>cision is mine and not God's is simply unscriptural.  God is the Creator, not
>me!

Why do you ask if you don't expect it to manifest? According to your logic,
words are not creative.  My point is simple: If you can establish your
prayer on the Word and speak what God says in His Word, you will receive
what you ask for. Again, it must be in line with the Word. For some reason,
you seem to read over this point. It must be in line with His Word. As long
I'm saying what the Word says about a particular need, it will manifest.

All I can say is that so far, when I've prayed for something, God has always
answered my prayer. I've asked Him for certain necessities in life,
including a new car, and I received it, down to the smallest detail and at
the price I wanted to pay for (believe me, real low for a luxury car). So
God is concerned for His children and He wants His children content. Like I
said, it works for me because when I pray, it's in line with His Word.

Unfortunately, when Christians pray today, they pray prayers not knowing
what the Will of God is in a particular situation. I've found that when I
pray the Word and not the problem, God answers according to His Word. His
Word is His will for my life. Remember, He came that we might have life and
that more Abundantly. John 10:10. This also means here on earth, not just
heaven.

Dave <><

God is not enough...He's too much!!!