Daily Chicken

suprdave@lightspeed.net (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 12:14:01 -0800

Richard wrote:

>I realize that in all likelihood no offense was meant, and I also know
>that it's common in UPC-circles (gasp!) to tell racist jokes, but
>please let's not propogate racial stereotypes here on the H-F list.
>By God's grace we're better than that.
>

>Richard "victim of racist bigotry in Omaha Nebraska so I'm a little
>		 sensitive about these things" Masoner

I feel the same way as you. Unfortunately, racism exists in many groups.
Personally, I was told that I could not date a black girl when I was in the
UPC (I'm not African/American). Also, the black people in our church were
forbidden to marry outside their race. In my opinion, interracial marriage
is not wrong.

The church I attend now is interracial. As a matter of fact, our music
director is black and his wife is white! This may not go over well with
people in the south, but I don't live in the South, I live in good ol'
California and still, the blacks were discriminated against and still are!
This is sad and unfortunate...Racism and bigotry do not belong in the Church
(whichever one you think is the right one)

Dave <><>