Everything!

"Robert J. Brown" (rj@ELI.WARIAT.ORG)
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:51:09 -0600

    MF> Deckard wrote:
    >>  >> You must understand that God BEGAN everything in Gene 1:1,
    >> as you assert.  > >Wouldn't you all say that TIME began in
    >> Gen. 1:1?  > >God has no beginning or ending, and so Genesis is
    >> only the beginning of TIME >as we know it.
    >>
    >> Acutally, I think time began on Day 4 of creation, in
    >> Gen. 1:14,
    >>
    >> "And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the
    >> heaven to divide the day from the night: and let them be
    >> for...seasons, and days and years:"
    >>
    >> Prior to that, time may have been 'unmeasured'.

    MF> WHy then did the Bibel say this long before day 4?

    MF> Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he
    MF> called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first
    MF> day.

    MF> Evening and Morning were first day.

    MF> There was DAY->TIME<.

Well this is true, but it wasn't a day like you normally think of -- a
24 hour day -- since the earth had not yet been created to spin on its
axis a give the very definition we use for the word "day".  I take the
word day in these verses to mean "period of time", or in geologist's
language, "epoch".

    MF> That is why i feel there is a gap between the first two
    MF> verses, filled by Jer. 4 and Isaiah 14's inserstions of
    MF> Lucifer's fall.

    MF> THe BIble does not say God CREATED the sun and moon in day 4,
    MF> but that he "MADE" them.  Th eHebrew implies to take available
    MF> material and remodel it.

This would be in accord with most modern cosmological theories.

    MF> 2 Cor 4:6 says God caused light to SHINE OUT OF darkness.  In
    MF> other words, it was BENEATH darkness, as though covered.  AND
    MF> IT CAME OUT ONCE AGAIN.

    MF> One might ask how darkness could envelope light.  We know this
    MF> occurs spiritually for sure.

Again, if you ascribe to the Kantian theory of coalescent cosmology
(which, incidently, I do not), then this would be an acceptable
interpretation in line with a long time scientific theory.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
Robert Jay Brown III  rj@eli.wariat.org  http://eli.wariat.org  1 847 705-0424