JOB

Jonathan McNair (jmcnair@auracom.com)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 07:17:23 -0800

J.D. Ward wrote:

> The point I want to bring to you is this: that God is still searching
> for those who will worship Him because they love Him and for no other
> reason - men and women like those mentioned in Hebrews 11. Can we
> learn to be found in Him "that I may know him, and the power
> of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable
> unto his death;"? (Philippians 3:10)

RIGHT ON!!! When are we going to get back to the fact that LOVE not fear
is the strongest motivator for serving and worshiping God. When asked
what was the greatest commandment of all in the New Testament the Lord
replied, ""Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, mind,
soul, & strength"". I am of the firm conviction that if we would LOVE,
SERVE, & WORSHIP God that way it would be done right!!! Some follow Him
for the loaves and fishes, some for the miracles, and some [the smallest
part of the crowd] because they love Him. If you really LOVE the Lord
you will worship Him in spite of the circumstances because you see
beyond the ""benefits"" and you see the ""person"" and to know Him is to
love Him!!

--

Pastor J McNair :-)
http://users.atcon.com/~jmcnair/jmcnair.htm