nail on the head

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 12:34:08 -0800

> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, "Robert J. Brown" <rj@ELI.WARIAT.ORG> wrote:
>
> >The sale of red heiffers is necessary to provide the waters of
> >purification so that the priests might be prepared to offer sacrifice.
> >Besides, if the church is raptured before this animal sacrifice all
> >starts again, the church age gentile form of salvation is no longer
> >available anyway, so who is to sya whether such sacrifice is wrong at
> >that time?  It will be a new dispensation in the millenial age, and a
> >trans-dispensational period during the 7 years of Daniel's last week.
> >The old rules of the 2000 year old church age will have ceased to
> >apply.

If there is another way to be saved during a supposed 7 year period between
rapture and Millennium, then there is ANOTHER GOSPEL.  And Paul said
if any man preaches another Gospel, let him be accursed.

If the church is GONE before this supposed period, then salvation
during that time will be outside the "church".  And God will
not return to Old Testament dispensational relationship with the
Jews, because it was made old and passed away.  Sacrifice
will be wrong at ANY POINT after Christ died.  God accepts no more
sacrifices.  Period.

It is pretty well blasphemous to say that the Lord will accept
and honour sacrifices again, when you realize that Jesus was the last
sacrifice of all!

The sacrifices were part of the OLD covenant.  Notice that Paul said
it vanished away.

Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first
old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The Old is fulfilled and no longer in use That does not mean
God destroyed it!  Something fulfilled means it
had purpose and finished its purpose.  But to destroy the Law
means to throw it out as having no purpose.

The Law was a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ.  Now that Christ
has come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.  The "teacher"
has fulfilled his role.  Now he is simply out of a job!  Law is
"expired".

Heb 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins
for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13  From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made
his footstool.
Heb 10:14  For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that
are sanctified.

Heb 10:1  For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and
not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices
which they offered year by year continually make the comers
thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2  For then would they not have ceased to be offered?
because that the worshippers once purged should have had no
more conscience of sins.

Hebrews says here that the sacrifices CEASED TO BE OFFERED by
the bidding of God!  If they start again, God iwll no more recognize
them than a prayer to Buddha!!

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume