Everything!

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 12:41:12 -0800

Robert J. Brown wrote:

>     MF> WHy then did the Bibel say this long before day 4?
>
>     MF> Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he
>     MF> called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first
>     MF> day.
>
>     MF> Evening and Morning were first day.
>
>     MF> There was DAY->TIME<.
>
> Well this is true, but it wasn't a day like you normally think of -- a
> 24 hour day -- since the earth had not yet been created to spin on its
> axis a give the very definition we use for the word "day".  I take the
> word day in these verses to mean "period of time", or in geologist's
> language, "epoch".

If it says the evening and the morning then I would assume it means
literally 24 hours.  I know it is not concrete, but that is my thoughts.

>     MF> That is why i feel there is a gap between the first two
>     MF> verses, filled by Jer. 4 and Isaiah 14's inserstions of
>     MF> Lucifer's fall.
>
>     MF> THe BIble does not say God CREATED the sun and moon in day 4,
>     MF> but that he "MADE" them.  Th eHebrew implies to take available
>     MF> material and remodel it.
>
> This would be in accord with most modern cosmological theories.

I do not happen to be aware of such theories.  I simply got this
from the "Book".  And simply because a thought derived from the
Bible may happen to coincide with sceince, does that make the thought
wrong?

>     MF> 2 Cor 4:6 says God caused light to SHINE OUT OF darkness.  In
>     MF> other words, it was BENEATH darkness, as though covered.  AND
>     MF> IT CAME OUT ONCE AGAIN.
>
>     MF> One might ask how darkness could envelope light.  We know this
>     MF> occurs spiritually for sure.
>
> Again, if you ascribe to the Kantian theory of coalescent cosmology
> (which, incidently, I do not), then this would be an acceptable
> interpretation in line with a long time scientific theory.

Point is, we need rebuttal against the idea of linking Paul's
reference with Gen's Day 4, rather than simple comparison with
an interpretation and science.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume