Ch1 Revelation

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 17:39:51 -0800

Timothy Litteral wrote:

> Verse 1, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave
> unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must
> shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his
> angel unto his servant John:"

> This is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ,..."  When one asks
> the question "What is the book of Revelation about?" tell
> them it is God bragging about His Son.

That is whyt I based my thoughts about it being  a spiritual
progression of Christ revealed in the beleiver moreso than an
ENTIME issue that John is writing about.  Although entime
is involved.

> The Revelation that
> John is writing
> about is that God manifested or "revealed" Himself in the
> man Jesus.  In the process we find the purpose of the
> manifestation and the end results.

And how God manifests Himself through the believer, for what other
purpose has He left us in this world to fulfill since we
are saved?

> I now skip to verse 7 as I will tie the verses in between
> into later verses since they will make better sense
> discussed together.
>
> Verse 7, "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye
> shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all
> kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so,
> Amen."
>
> I like the book of Revelation since it jumps right into the
> deep waters head first!  Here we must evaluate just what is
> meant by
> "the coming of Jesus."  Just as there are two aspects to
> the mission of the Messiah; the suffering Messiah for the
> salvation of those that accept Him and the conquering
> Messiah who vanquishes His enemies, there are two aspects
> to the coming of Christ.
>
> The easiest way to understand these is to examine just
> "where" it is that Jesus comes to.  Once this is
> established we can place the "coming of Christ" mentioned
> above in the proper perspective.
>
> The first aspect or "coming of Christ" is to gather His
> people unto Himself: 1 Thessalonians 4:17, "Then we which
> are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them
> in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we
> ever be with the Lord."
>
> Notice that Paul says "with them in the clouds."  This has
> major signifigance.  Picture in your mind the rapture of
> the saints, or the great "being caught up" if you don't
> like the word "rapture."  All the saints that are alive and
> in Christ are caught up to meet Christ and then touch down
> with Him on Mount Sion.

I agree wholeheartedly!!!  Yo got it, brother.

> This doesn't make any sense you say, why would they all be
> taken up from the ground to meet Jesus in the air just to
> set back down on the Earth on Mount Sion?  Good question.
> Let's first establish that Jesus is indeed going to
> physically set His feet upon Mount Sion and then find the
> truth that is revealed when one considers the implictions
> of this.

Another time this same Greek word translated as MEET is mentioned
in the New testament is when the people went to MEET Christ as He rode
into Jerusalem in His triumphal entry.  What happened?  They met
Him, turned around with Him and brought Him into the City.
THis was His FIRST coming.  And it seems to be the date as
foretold by Daniel when he said 69 weeks would pass until the
Messiah the prince shall come .

Dan. 9:25-26.  (7 weeks plus 62 weeks = 69 weeks).

The number of years from the rebuilding of the
City until the messiah (69 weeks of years) is
69 X 7 = 483 years.

483 years after The City was built by Nehemiah, Christ rode
into the City!!  Check it out!!!!  So the FIRST coming was
seen with Him MEETING people and them turning and going with Him
to the City, and the second seems to be very similar!!

There is ONE coming.  And that will be at Armageddon when we
rise to meet Him and return with Him after battle!

Notice the Bride is not ready in Rev 19 until Babylon falls in
Rev 18.

No marriage supper until after Babylon is fallen!  And that is after
Armageddon.

That is stepping WAY ahead, I know, but Rev. 1:7 describes that.

Revelation is written in a quick overview straight to the end, as
Bro. Litteral has shown in Verse 7, and then after such a quick
overview, it backs up a bit in time again and slows down to
describe the details of what was quickly explained at first.

That is why we must jump ahead and back again when we
mention verses at the start of the Book.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume