Fair enough!

suprdave@lightspeed.net (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 13:55:59 -0800

You wrote:

>Where is the division? On what color our pews should be? What length our hair
>should be? What time to have service? These divisions you speak of are no
>more than local and/or regional practices, most of which will have no bearing
>on whether or not we get into heaven.

I respond:

I've indicated that I respect the rights of individuals to believe as such
though there may be differences. Now you ask what divisions? Ok, I'll list
some, but don't come back on me thinking I made any of this up:

1. Mustaches: Some say that those who have facial hair are going to hell
2. Veils: Some teach that women who don't wear them when praying, God can't
hear them.
3. Wedding bands: Some say that you can go to hell wearing them since it is
jewelry.
4. Cullocks: Considered "pants" and thus, a women can go to hell.
5. Trimming of hair: Some say to trim the "split ends" will cause a women to
jeopardize her salvation.
6. Wine or Grapejuice at Communion: Some say those who use grapejuice will
go to hell.
7. Rattlesnakes: Some teach that those who don't take up serpents are not
Believers.
8. Make up: Some teach it's ok, while others teach that women are Jezebel's
who use cosmetics.
9. Short sleeve shirts: Some teach it's wrong and is too revealing...
10. Open toed shoes: Some teach that it's wrong since this is fleshly.
11. Sabbath: Some teach that you should go to church on Saturday as the Sabbath
12. Name in Baptism: Some say in "Jesus Name" "Lord Jesus" "Lord Jesus
Christ" ; this has been debated amongst Oneness believers.
13. Prophecy over tongues: A group teaches that Prophecy is the evidence of
the Holy Ghost not tongues: Yes, a Oneness group
14. Holidays are wrong and should not be observed as well as birthdays
15. Eating pork is wrong and can send a person to hell

These are just some differences. I could go on, but will stop here. Yes,
these are all various Oneness groups that divide. Not all believe that you
must speak in tongues. As I pointed out about one group, they believe the
Gift of Prophecy is the evidence of the Holy Ghost. There are about 150+
Oneness organizations. All have differences that divide them. True, they are
all agreed on the Oneness of God. Some differ on water baptism and tongues.
My point is this: I stated that I respect their right to believe this way
and will not take away that right. Is this ok to do?