Answers to questions

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:11:30 -0800

Timothy Litteral wrote:

Neat thoughts about Paul's thorn.  But it really doesn;t matter
what the thorn was, sicne Paul would have told it if it did.
But the point i sthat we can live by grace no matter what
trials come our way!  We are not to ask God to remove the trial,
but to depend in His Grace to see us through them.

"My Grace is sufficient for thee"

> 2 Peter 3, "6 Whereby the world that then was, being
> overflowed with water, perished:"
>
> This is what was refered to in Jeremiah, the flood which
> left the world "void and without form" AND destroyed cities
> and the like.

This flood is a pre-adamic flood.  Notice Gen 1 says the
world was covered with water after it mentions the world being
void and without form.

If Noah's flood was the first, then God's words to Noah
regarding no other floods would cause Noah to ask, "Who said
you would do it again?  This is the only time you ever did it!"
But if there had been a fllod before Noah's flood, then no wonder
God told Noah another flood will not come.

> 2 Peter 3, "7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now,
> by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire
> against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8
> But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one
> day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
> years as one day."
>
> Peter is telling saints of his time that they should not be
> ignorant and think that the rapture had already occured
> since the creation was a foreshadowing of the entire
> "history of creation" but instead of it taking 6 literal
> days it would take 6, 1000 year "days of the Lord" or 6000
> years.

Perhaps.

> They also knew by the geneology of Jesus that they
> were at ~year 4000.  So Peter is saying "Relax this rapture
> thing can't take place for at least 2000 years."  I don't
> care how you slice it there is gonig to be 6 days at 1000
> years each until the day of "rest" which is the millinial
> reign.  We are almost at the end of day six, then comes the
> judgment.  So, counting from the beginning, in the first
> line of Gen 1:1, the whole of creation beginning to "end"
> will take 6000 years and then Jesus will rest from His
> "work" for a thousand years.  At the end of this "day" of
> rest and the ultimate defeat of Satan, the whole of
> creation will "melt" by the "spoken Word" (Logos) and on
> the 8th day (8 is the number of new beginnings) God will
> "remake it afresh."  If your creation model doesn't "fit"
> this pattern layed out by Peter, reject it.  We have to
> stop trying to reconcile our faith to science and start
> reconciling science to our faith.

Neat thoughts!

>      Where I differ with Rev. Blume is that we do indeed
> meet the King out side of the city as the bride of Christ
> and then spend 7 years in preparation while the Jews that
> are not in the 144,000 and the remainder of the Gentiles
> (the GREAT Tribulation), ALL whom have rejected Christ are
> judged.  This once done and the Bride prepared the
> King/Groom presents His Bride to His "subjects," the
> surviving Jews from the 144,000.

You have to prove, then, that the church is gone before
the 144,000 are sealed.

>      Like I said, in passing I offer: Mark 13, "19 For in
> those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the
> beginning of the creation which God created unto this time,
> neither shall be."  "...Neither shall be."  The inquisition
> was worse than the fall of Jerusalem and so was the
> Holocost.

I have accounts that said different.  I can supply them if you wish.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume