Word of Faith--Contexts

Anthony D Barnett (adbarnett@juno.com)
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 20:52:33 EST

Brian Berger wrote:
> One former Pastor instructed me to raise my standards
>and never lower any taught me.

You wanna know something that I learned recently? My church was in the
middle of a 4 week, Wednesday night Bible study about standards, whn a
brother made a really neat statement that I shall never forget. Now to
others this may not be very earth shattering, but to me it was fairly
profound. I hope I can express this to you properly.

He said that the standards that we apostolics have are what is expected
of us. He said that one of the meanings of the word "standard" is
"average". In othr words the limits that we set up are not by any means
the Maximum Allowable limit. But that they are able to be and should be
exceeded. .

It's kind of like the standard equipment on a car. That is just what is
normally there. nothing above average. just right. Now exceed the
standards on a car and you can have a mighty fine car. But, just what is
average, Is what is needed.

He then challenged us to feel free to exceed those limits.....

God Bless You
Andy (the sky is only a temporary limit) Barnett
adbarnett@juno.com