[Fwd: Re: nail on the head]

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 18:51:55 -0800

--------------189E29EE6148

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume
mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/mfblume/mblume.htm

--------------189E29EE6148

Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 18:50:46 -0800
From: MF Blume <mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Tarik L. Carey" <tlcarey@uwimona.edu.jm>
Subject: Re: nail on the head

Tarik L. Carey wrote:

> DEar MF what are you trying to say that the anti christ is our self and
> not a literal hyuman being?Please clarify

I am saying that the only cross reference to 2 Thess 2 (Mention of the
"son of perdition" defiling the temple as God, whom God shall destroy)
in the New testament which deals with the TEMPLE and God destroying someone
who DEFILES it is found in 1 Cor, and refers to our bodies as the temple.
And it alos mentions God destroys those who defile His temple.

Rather than ask me if I am saying there is no personal antichrist to come,
you should examine the verses I cross-referenced and see error in my reasoning.

To be sure, fallen self is antichrist.

The number of the beast is a number of "a man".  When people will worship
themselves by refusing to do God's will, they are antichrist.  Man worship.
Perhaps an individual will arise who will lead all humanity to worship
self (many such "religious" leaders exist NOW). But nevertheless, I was
pointing out that 2 Thess. 2's reference to the holy place is NOT a
reference to a literal temple, since God nor the apostles would ever
refer to a literal building as the temple after the age of foreshadowing
expired, and the TRUE temple, from then on, is the Church and the body
of Christ.

To sum it up quickly: Any reference  to a temple, holy place or sanctuary
in the New Testament, besides the obvious references made by passers-by of the
literal temple that stood and fell in 70 AD (Matt 24:1), that is involved
in teaching the church about things to come or spiritual realities will
NOT be references to a literal temple.

This is especially evident when comparing the two accounts written by Paul
which are 2 Thess 2:4,8 and 1 Cor 3:17.

Paul would not call a literal temple the "temple of God" since God
has nothing to do with physical temples of buildings any longer.

So, if there is a single man to come called Antichrist (when nothing
in the New testament refers to The "Antichrist" as if it was a single
individual), 2 Thess 2 is not a reference to it. Saying "The Antichrist"
in the sense that we refer to single human to come, is speaking an
unbiblical term.  Only John writes of "antichrist", and he implies there
are many, not just one to come.