Dispensationalism

Diogenes (Calvin@clarityconnect.com)
Fri, 07 Feb 1997 08:37:38 -0800

Diogenes wrote:

MF Blume wrote:

> > Conclusion?  The dispensation of Law ended with the death
> > of Jesus.
>
> Jesus said the law and the prophets were until John.
> But I see your point, too.
>
> --
> In Christ,
> Mike Blume
> mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca
> http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/mfblume/mblume.htm

Have you considered the scripture in Hebrews 8:13  In that he saith, A
new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and
waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Notice *ready to vanish away*? Meaning not quite over yet but nearing a
point of vanishing away completely.  It seems to me that there must be a
transition that takes place between the old and new.  Theologically I
guess you could draw a line and say at this point or at that point the
old ended and the new began.  But there are enough scriptures to warrent
a interrum from John the Baptist till the destruction of the temple
building in 70 AD.

Dispensationalism is not without it's faults as are other schools of
interpretation, calling for things such as the church age, or the age of
grace, etc.  I am reminded that Noah found grace in the eyes of God.
Abraham the father of faith, the church in the wilderness, etc.

Although dispensationalism is not without value, the rigidity that some
hold to concerning it's tenets causes bad exergesis of some scriptural
maxims.

Am I intruding on your discussion?