Answers to questions

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:31:08 -0800

Timothy Litteral wrote:

> Bro. Harrell:
>  "replenish" the earth? to "replenish" something is to
> restore it to an
> > > original
> > > condition or state.
> >
> > Exactly.  When something was stocked with a particular
> set of items
> > and was made empty, the container must be replenished.
>
> Me:
> A better translation of the word "replenish" is "fill." The
> Hebrew had ABSOLUTLY NO indicaton of "replenishing"
> ANYTHING.

Hmmm.  "replenish" has nothing to do with "replenishing anything"?

> The rest is totally unsupported by the Bible.  If there was
> a "gap" then Moses lied when He said "in the beginning."
> Notice that no one called the "restart" of the system by
> Noah a "beginning."

No.  AFTER Moses said in the beginning, after verse 1, a GAP
is there.  How else do you explain the correlation between
Jer 4:22-26 and Isaiah 14:16-17?  We cannot simply make statements
saying, WRONG and not back them up.

You have opverlooked the thought I forwarded saying that it is
not that BEFORE Gen 1:1 there was a gap, but AFTER.

> Peter said that with God a day is as a thousand years and a
> thousand years is as a day.  Six days of creation till
> judgment therefore six thousand years of creation until
> judgment.  After judgment a day of rest in the creation and
> after the six thousand years and the judgment a thousand
> years (1 day) of rest.
>
> The "canopy" that is refered to or the water that is
> "above" is reference to CLOUDS.  Nothing more mystical.

Another flat statement with no basis.  You must prove it.

> As to what is causing humans to live shorter and shorter
> lives, consider what is the one thing that man had to deal
> with after the fall that he NEVER had to "worry" about
> before?  Did I give it away?

Worry took us from 1000 years to 70?

> That's right!  WORRY!  The scientific depletes, or is that
> elites?  Oh well, say that we weren't "made" to handle meat
> and such nonsense.  The one thing that we were NEVER meant
> to have to deal with is stress that comes from uncertainty
> through the separation from God.
>
> The account in Genesis is THE account of the Creation.  Why
> does everyone think that God left something OUT?  It is
> senseless to say this "may" have happened or you can't
> prove this didn't happen.

It is not left out if you look at the whole Bible as one book.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume