Revelation 1:1

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 02:20:31 -0800

Timothy Litteral wrote:

> Revelation 22:19
> And if any man shall take away from the words of the book
> of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the
> book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things
> which are written in this book.
>
> This book is indeed the "record" of Jesus work of
> salvation.  This book in verse 5 is the book of Life.
> Jesus breaks the seal to judge his Chruch and it is opened
> AGAIN at the white throne judgment.

Prove that the book At judgment is the same book taken from
the Father's hand in rev 5.

> Rev. Blume:
> This mighty angel is Jesus Christ,
>
> Me:
> Couldn't be Jesus.
>
> Rev. Blume:
> > He held an open book!  ....
> > Rev 10:9  And I went unto the angel, and said unto him,
> Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and
> eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall
> be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
>
> Me:
> Ezekiel 3:3, "And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy
> belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I
> give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as
> honey for sweetness."
>
> Here Ezekiel took a book from an ANGEL that was sweet when
> he ate it as was John's book.  John says that his book made
> his stomach sour.  This cannot be the message of salvation
> but represents "prophecy."  This prophecy is "sweet" in the
> mouth of the saved but sour in the belly or flesh of even
> the saved and especially the unsaved.

Just because a simple ANGEL gave Ezekiel the book
does not mean CHRIST did not give JOHN the book.

It has to be Jesus:

REVELATION:
Rev 10:1  And I saw another mighty angel come down from
heaven, CLOTHED WITH A CLOUD: and A RAINBOW WAS UPON HIS HEAD,
and his FACE WAS AS IT WERE THE SUN, and his FEET AS PILLARS
OF FIRE:

Rev 1:7  Behold, HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS; and every eye shall
see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds
of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 1:15  And his FEET LIKE UNTO FINE BRASS, AS IF THEY BURNED
IN A FURNACE; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Rev 4:3  And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a
sardine stone: and there was A RAINBOW ROUND ABOUT the throne,
in sight like unto an emerald.

Mat 17:2  And was transfigured before them: and HIS FACE
DID SHINE AS THE SUN, and his raiment was white as the light.

And if the taking of the book is redemption, then the eating
of it and the prophesying of it is preaching salvation.

You must realize that prophecy is not merely the fortelling
of future events.  "Prophecy" is the anointing preaching
of truth from God.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume