God didn't do a good job??

Dennis J Aldrich (djaldrich@juno.com)
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 23:14:01 EST

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:23:50 -0500 (EST) Harrell01@aol.com writes:
<snip>

>Let me restate, that I prefer that out women did not wear make-up.
>However,
>for them to wear it (in moderation) is not saying that God didn't do a
>good
>enough job. Do you wear glasses? Do your children have braces? Hearing
>aids? Do you exercise?
>
>All these are improvements upon your self.

I really don't see that wearing glasses or a hearing aid is an
improvement upon one's self.  I wear glasses and it's out of a necessity
so that I can see and if I was to wear a hearing aid it would also out of
necessity so I could hear when someone speaks. I do have to agree though
that if a person exercised he/she could be doing it to improve upon
themselves, but i would hope it was for health purposes and not to
develop a physique to draw attention to one's self.

Make-up an improvement???

Natural beauty is God-given and maybe it shouldn't be pampered with.

Who is the one to decide the depth and width of moderation?

We really shouldn't let the fact that Jezebel wore make-up decide that
its right or wrong.  Just because Jesus didn't condemn make-up users in
the bible (prostitutes, harlots) doesn't justify it's use; Yes, He did
reach out to Mary Magdalene and changed her life. What kind of changes?
Was it just on the inside??

I do believe that if we as true Apostolics will let the Holy Ghost do
what Jesus intended for the Holy Ghost to do, Make-up will be one of
those vices that will fall by the wayside, just as drugs, drinking,
adulteries, swearing, smoking did.

Would a person with a real upper room EXPERIENCE and living for God say
2-5-10-15-20 years be wearing that stuff?? I am willing to step out on to
a limb and say I DON'T THINK SO.

> Rev 2:20  Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because
>thou
>> sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to
>> teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat
>things
>> sacrificed unto idols.

Jezebel is there any connection between your fornication and that stuff
on your FACE??   :-/

If the make-up has that seductive power to seduce His servants or those
that are not His servants to fornication and other sins then it's wrong!

>Jezebel's wrongdoing wasn't her wearing of make-up, but the
>fornication and
>idols.

These post have been very interesting and have enjoyed reading them esp.
about the grease from McD's :-)

just my $0.02 worth! :-))

Bro. Dennis J. Aldrich
djaldrich@juno.com