Revival News from Mexico!!! - FEBRUARY (fwd)

Richard Masoner (richardm@CD.COM)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:41:59 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded message:
>From WDrost@aol.com Sat Feb 15 11:42:59 1997
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 12:29:40 -0500 (EST)
From: WDrost@aol.com
To: TBrentLong@aol.com, CReid10055@aol.com, Davleo2@aol.com, digi@pc.jaring.my,
        ElvynMage@aol.com, Finefrock@network.com, FirstPent@aol.com,
        Garrett@jordi.phs.com, GaryL7@aol.com, jc1dios@dv.weblinq.com,
        JKBNASHTN@aol.com, Kasmiir@aol.com, Keikai@aol.com, LDIBROTT@aol.com,
        Lschoon@accessone.com, mndaport@pworld.net.ph, Neil124@aol.com,
        NNPastor@aol.com, OliviasPop@aol.com, PaulENY@aol.com, PRACHER@aol.com,
        RANDGEII@aol.com, RBOW1@aol.com, RDenny8166@aol.com,
        resf7248@pro.via-rs.com.br, RevAlanP@aol.com, REVHUDSON@aol.com,
        richardm@cd.com, RICKKIS@aol.com
Subject: Revival News from Mexico!!! - FEBRUARY

>From the email desk of
Superintendent T.Wynn Drost

	Now that 1996 has come to a close we are able to tabulate a number of things
in relation to what happened during the closing year, and rejoice in great
victories that have been won for the Lord.
	*  Statistics.  We are excited to report that we had a total of 2247
baptized in the Precious Name of Jesus, and 2146 received the baptism of the
Holy Spirit in all of our Churches throughout Mexico.
	*  Ministers.  Also, in 1996 our Ministerial Body in Mexico passed the 200
mark, now having 207 Licensed Ministers (not including those having Workers
License).
	* Finances.  In another year of economical problems in Mexico, we are so
thankful to the Lord, that the total national income (exclusively from
national sources) increased by 43.7% in 1996.  That also, is an important
indicator of the condition of the Work.
	*  New cities.  We are also excited as we are reaching into some new and
important cities.  Mexico, with a population of 96 million people, is a
tremendous challenge.  According to government statistics, 76% of the
population live in urban areas!!!  Therefore, our biggest effort is in trying
to establish Churches in those cities.  Its always harder, at first, but the
results are much more productive.
	MIRACLE IN THE YUCATAN.  Brother Martin Gonzales Pastors a Church in Nueva
Mulsay, Yucatan - that is a suburb of the city of Merida, the capital of the
state of Yucatan.  He has been having a tremendous move of God, recently
having services in his local Church exceeding 300 in attendance.  Three weeks
ago, they had 36 receive the Holy Ghost in his local Church - in the course
of that week.  They've been seeing some great miracles and manifestations of
the power of God.
	Recently Brother Gonzales was telling me of a miracle that has had an impact
for the glory of God.
	Miguel Morales is a relatively wealthy man in the city of Escarcega,
Campeche.  He is known around that city and owns quite a bit of land.  His
brother Juan, though, has had leukemia for over a year.  They had taken him
to the city of Merida (the hub of that whole area) to the hospitals there,
but there was nothing the doctors could do for him.  The doctors had already
given up, and had informed the family that "any day" Juan Morales' life would
come to an end.  The family was so sure of that, that they had gone and
bought the plot in the cemetery and had already made arrangements with a
funeral home to take care of the burial.  But, somehow Miguel Morales found
out about the UPC pastored by Brother Martin Gonzales.
	He went to a service there one night, and was so impressed that he talked to
Brother Gonzales about his brother Juan, asking if they couldn't go and pray
for him.  Brother Gonzales took some of the men of the Church with him, and
they went to the hospital to pray for Juan.  God INSTANTLY healed the man!!!
 He got up out of the hospital bed and walked out.  That very day he was
baptized in the Precious Name of Jesus!!!  That miracle has caused quite a
stir.
	Miguel Morales was so impressed and overjoyed with the way God healed his
brother and brought him back from death's door, that he is donating a piece
of land in the center of the city of Escarcega, to be used for building a
Church.  We didn't have a Church in the city of Escarcega - but there will be
one now!!!

          PRAY FOR CONTINUED REVIVAL IN MEXICO.

              Jesus wants to be Lord over Mexico!

P.S.  If you have not received former updates and would like to, please let
us know - we would gladly comply.