Cosmetics

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:09:58 -0800

suprdave@lightspeed.net wrote:

> I really believe that in order to project a witness to the lost is to show
> them a "Living Jesus." Evangelist Jesse Duplantis preached a message at our
> church entitled "Is Your Jesus Dead?" He spoke that it is the Fruits of the
> Spirit that are portrayed in the life of a Born Again Believer that shows a
> living witness. I'm sure we have seen individuals that look and dress "holy"
> but have bad attitudes. This is not holiness.

Agreed 100%.  Dave and I have chatted privately about these things,
and I stressed then as I do now that dress codes do not save anybody.
Dave was surprised to hear a UPC preacher say this.  Who agrees that
we are not saved by standards?

> You see, man looks on the outward appearance (this is not the true witness
> although appropriate dress is important) but God looks at the heart, and
> that is what the world is looking at. They are tired of facades. As a matter
> of fact, dress code standards doesn't draw a person to Christ. It's the Love
> of God and by His Spirit that one is drawn to Jesus Christ. It's the living
> Jesus inside of us that the world needs.

EXACTLY.  Dress codes were never meant to replace that although many people
did replace it with dress codes.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume