REVS.1:1

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:56:58 -0800

James H. Cape wrote:

> Mr. Blume:
>         I still must denounce your interpretation of Revs.1:1.
> We should take a look at the first five words in Revs.1:1.

Why ar eyou overlooking the obvious picture in rev 5 of God giivng Christ
the scroll?  Rev. 1:1 bases the whole book upon a "revelation" given by God
to whomever.  We agree on that.  And the Book of Revelation circles entirely
around the little book and its opening and its contents first noted in chapter
5.  Therefore the correlation between rev 1:1 and the giving of the book
by God to Christ is, in my imind, beyond refute.

> The
> Revelation of Jesus Christ. What does the word revelation mean?
> The act or process of revealing. That which is or has been revealed.
> In the direct objective clause we must note that the writer is
> prompting us to observer the word Revelation. The revealing or
> the revealed.

Exactly, and that is my thoughts concerning what occurred in Rev 5.

> I am glad that Jesus has been revealed unto me. I
> am so glad that God chose to deliver me from trinitarianism and
> allow me to be monotheistic. I truly believe in the revealed God
> that was seen of angels, preached among men and caught up into
> heaven.

You seem to be thinking that Rev. 1:1 has nothing to do with
the rest of the Book of Revelation.

>      I do not know ayour profession of faith.

Put it this way.  I am an ordained UPC preacher.

> I do know know
> that John was talking about a revealing of the revealed Jesus
> Christ. Jesus said when the Spirit of Truth has come, he will
> lead you and guide you into all truth.

Please read my study entitled "Renewed Day by Day by the
Revelation of Jesus Christ" and notice that this is my precise
point.

See:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/mfblume/renewix.htm

> What Jesus spoke concerning
> the destruction of the temple was not so much a revealing as it was
> prophecy.

The revealin concerns the christian becoming a manifestation of
Jesus Christ.  Christ revealed through us. I say the Rev. 1:1 revelation
is the little book in Ch. 5, and that is the saoint of God being redeemed
and then, line upon line, being opened up and broken
of carnality to reveal more of Christ.

You have jumped into this discussion after we brought points like this up.
Please read the homepage reference above and realize my points I am making
now are based upon those past issues already discussed here.

> To prophesy is to tell of coming events emphatically.

Not altogether.  PROPHECY is simply the revealing truth hidden from
man and only made known due to Christ's death for us.

> Jesus revealed to the woman at the well her husband that she was
> not hers. He made visible or exposed her sin. He didn't prophesy
> to her.

> He simply made visible her wrongdoings. In Revelations 1:1
> John is revealing( making visible or exposing Jesus Christ),

EXACTLY.  And that is why I am saying that the entire book of Revelation
is not endtime but rather the revelation of Christ.  John even said this
at the start of the book!

> Jesus
> to us after that the angel had received the information and had given
> it to John.
>      Simple logics denote, John has gotten a revelation about Jesus
> Christ and is making it known unto us. vs.8, vs.11, vs.17-18   etc.

Don't limit that revelation to the first chapter alone.  THE ENTIRE
BOOK is about that subject.

>      I again am proud to declare that I am a one-God believer.
> Jesus is his name!
>

>                 Apostle,Jim Cape

Apostle?

Anyway, please read my url site.