Women in the pulpit

Cary & Audrey Robison (robisoncl@ccinet.ab.ca)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 13:22:49 -0700 (MST)

Regarding Richard Gazowsky, Steve Sanabria wrote:

>Her [Marilyn Gazowsky's] son took it over after her, and
>he turned into a dynamic man of God, also.  After a time, he faltered and
>has since fallen into error.  <personal testimony of a J-N Pent. who lives in
>the city>.

I'm curious by what measure Bro. Gazowsky is deemed to have "faltered" and
"fallen into error"?

Much as I enjoy Higher-Fire discussions (and have looked forward to
participating), I must confess I'm sometimes dismayed by what strikes me as
a rather provincial view of the Apostolic faith. In an introductory letter
about Higher-Fire, I read: <Recognize also that this list has Apostolics of
_all_ stripes.> Do we take this reminder of our movement's tremendous
diversity seriously? Or do we too easily view others as "in" or "out" of
Apostolic truth through our denominationally-shaded glasses?

Bro. Gazowsky may not be a textbook UPCI pastor. He may build bonds of
fellowship where others may sincerely see a need for separation. He may take
a more moderate stance on holiness standards which others would see as
compromise. Does this really mean he has "faltered" and "fallen" as an
Apostolic minister? I believe he remains a "dynamic man of God," leading a
church that's having a powerful impact on a city that so desperately needs
to know God's saving grace.

Also regarding the Gazowskys, Kenneth Wilson wrote:

>I have been to her [Marilyn Gazowsky's] church in 1979.Her other son's are
the >ones that started the band group called "THE SECOND CHAPTER OF ACTS".In
case >you didnt know of.

Hmmm...I must agree with Bro. Blume -- something seems amiss here. The
Second Chapter of Acts consisted of Matthew Ward, sister Nellie and another
sister, Annie Herring. I believe they got their start at the Foursquare
Church On The Way in Van Nuys, CA.

Cary Robison