Crucify Me

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 23:04:58 -0800

Frank Welder wrote:

> Sometimes life as a Christian can be hard. The narrow
> path can seem endless and at times unforgivening. It can
> seem to be a cycle at many times. A cycle as if one is
> caught in a wheel of never ending sorrow. As I was
> reflecting on this writing I begin to remember the
> greatness of the Lord and what has been done for us
> the believer who has been baptizes into Christ Jesus.

You are touchoing one of my favourite subjects!!!! Romans!!

> The teaching of Romans is not that we are sinners because we
> commit sins, but that we sin because we are sinners.

Exactly!!

> We are
> sinners by constitution rather than by action.
> Rom 5:19 when God`s light shines in our hearts we realize that
> we need forgiveness; but once we have know forgiveness of sins
> we make a new discovery-the discovery of sin, and we realize
> that we have the nature of a sinner. There is a power within
> that draws us to sin, and when that power breaks out we commit
> sins. Life then goes on sinning and being forgiven, but we want
> something more to be of this vicious cycle of life. We needed
> to be delivered from what we are, and that is SELF. The blood
> delivers us from the power of the enemy, while subjectively
> the cross delivers us by dealing with the flesh, which is the
> ground of the enemy`s activity in us. The blood can wash away
> my sins, but it cannot wash away SELF. We need the cross to
> crucify us{the sinner}. Before God we are a sinner apart from
> sinful acts. The root trouble is the sin and must be dealt with:
> Our sins are dealt with by the blood; and we are dealt with by
> the cross. The

Good!  SINS are the subject of the first part of Romans whereas
SIN is the subject of the latter.    SIN is that force in the flesh.
SINS are the actions we commit that are wrong.  BIG difference.

That is why the Bible said Jesus became SIN for us.  The victory
over self and SIN-force is found in the salme location victory over
SINS was found.  In Christ's death.

But not many know the second part about deliverance from SIN.

> blood procures our pardon; the cross procures
> our deliverance from what we are in Adam.

RIght on!!!

> Rom.5:12-21 reveals
> that we are in Adam. We are sinners, not by the sins we commit
> but simply by being in Adam. We are sinners because we have the
> nature of Adam. We came in by birth and we can get out by death.
> God has provided a way to escape. "All we who were baptized into
> Christ Jesus were baptized into his death." Rom.6:3.

My, I preached the same thing last Thursday NIGHT almost WORD FOR WORD.

I did not bring about my situation since I was in Adam and
that position did it to me.  The same goes for being in Christ.
It is not my power nor might but by His Spirit, since His
Spirit is what put me positionally into Christ.

1 Cor 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one
body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or
free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

IOW, I cannot deliver myself.  That is why salvation by
works is nonsense.

> To be "in Christ" is to have been identified with Him in His
> death and resurrection. The cross is the power of God which
> translates us from Adam into Christ Jesus.

Amen.  We change PARENTS!  Jesus is the everlasting Father as much
as Adam was my old father.

> 1Cor.15:45,47 does
> not refer to Him as the second Adam, or as the last man; for
> as the last Adam He is the sum total for humanity, and as the
> second man He is the head of a new race of man. As the last
> Adam He gathers up into Himself all that was in Adam; as the
> second man, having by His cross done away with the first man
> in whom God`s purpose was frustrated, He brings in another man
> in whom that purpose is fully realized. "Therefore if any man
> be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away;
> behold, all things are become new. 2Cor.5:17.

Amen.  IN CHRIST.  And many make the mistake that they think they
must become more holy.  Wrong.  If we are in Christ, He is made
unto us holiness!  He is my holiness!  He is the new man I "put on"
as though I put on a new robe.  The old robe was Adam.

Too many miss the truths of being IN CHRIST, and know only the truths
of Christ being in us.

> By the cross, God wiped out the whole of the old creation,
> and out of death a new creation is brought in, in Christ,
> the second man. If we are "in Adam; all that is in Adam
> necessarily devolves upon us." Likewise if we are "in Christ"
> all that is in Him comes to us by free grace without effort
> on our part, on the ground of simple faith.

Preach it!!!!!!  Man, you are saying it exactly right!!!  This excites
me!!

> The Christian
> life is nothing short of the life of Christ. It is Christ`s
> own life reproduced in us....But of him are ye in Christ
> Jesus;1Cor.1:30

Yes Christ died on the cross instead of us, but is now located,
not on the cross, but within me to LIVE instead of me.

> Love in Christ Jesus the Lord.
> frank
>
> "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the
> righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Pro 18:10
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7673/

INTO CHRIST!  Amen!!!

--
In Christ,