Revelation

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 23:10:29 -0800

Timothy Litteral wrote:

> Rev. Blume:
>  That is a good reason I feel the "times of the gentiles"
> simply represents carnality.  And JERUSALEM represents the
> CHURCH (Heb 12:22, Gal 4:26). And the final judgment is the
> end of Ishmael's persecution and the older generation dies.
>
> Me:
> I have no real problem with this interpretation in
> CONJUNCTION
> and not to the exclusion of a literal one.
>
> Rev. Blume:
>   Such a message is certainly more important to the
> christian than the thought of the literal world ending,
> although the world will end one day.
>
> Me:
> I must STRONGLY disagree.  If we were to know for sure that
> the World was going to end in ten to twenty years we would
> be a lot less inclined to lay back.

That would be rather cowardly, though, don't you think?
If we have to be assured the world is ending before we really
live right, what do you think God thinks of that?  Far
superior is the attitude that I will serve God no matter
if He will come 3000 years from now or 3 days from now!!

So I stand firm on my statement above.  If I serve Him
to the same strong degree, not belieivng He will come
for another ten years, as if I beleived He will come next month,
then I am truly loving God.  Otherwise my love lacks.
We should live strongly even though we may perhaps know
(though nobody does) that Christ will not come for
a certain amount of time.

> Rev. Blume:
> > And the world is going to end.  True!  How much more
> should we get hold of the Lord and see our carnal worlds
> end in Holy, inward judgment to be ready for His second
> coming in the clouds!!!??
>
> Me:
> AMEN!  Didn't I just say that?

Yea, but I was not able to read it until you emailed it.  ;-)
Still, though, we should live strongly no matter when we know
He will come!!!  You might ask, "But who does?" as though
nobody can live that good unless they think Jesus is coming soon.
That is simply an invalid question.

Salvation, as you have said, is the MAIN point!!!

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume