Revelation 1:1

MF Blume (mfblume@ns.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 23:30:14 -0800

Timothy Litteral wrote:

> Rev. Blume:
> Prove that the book At judgment is the same book taken from
> the Father's hand in rev 5.
>
> Me:
> If this is the Lamb's book of Life then it is the same
> book.

Agreed.

> Why do I think that this is the Lamb's book of Life?
>  Look at the evidence and the symbolism!  This is a book
> that not even God on His Throne can open!  This is enough
> right there!  Who CAN open this book?  No one but Jesus!
> What is the ONE book that no one but Jesus can open?  His
> book of course!
>
> Revelation 5:1
> And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a
> book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven
> seals.
>
> This is a GOLD MINE!  The "books" of John's day were
> scrolls of
> hide.  Now, this "dead flesh" was written "inside and out"
> and was sealed with seven seals.  When one considers a
> believer this is true of us too.  We are dead flesh with
> the Word of God written on our hearts and written on our
> "outsides" by our testimony through our works that justify
> our faith in Jesus Christ.  Jesus is given this book and in
> the process of opening the seven seals, sets the mechanisms
> of judgment of the Earth in place but these are not
> "unleashed."
> seven is the number of judgment or completion.  Genesis 1,
> "31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold,
> it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the
> sixth day."
> God asseses what He has gone and on the seventh day He
> "rests" there by "judging" His creation "good enough."
> This takes on more signifigance later.
>
> I think this is enough to say that this is the Lamb's book
> of life.

Apply that to Jeremiah 32:6... and onward.  We need such cross
references for Revelation since it is packed full of similar
visions from prophets in the Old Testament such as this one in Jer 32
inorder to hint to us that we must understand how the OT visions
were fuldilled to truly understand Revelation.

Simply because Jesus alone can open this book does not mean it
is the book of life!  Surely this book of Life was opened
long before Christ was crucified and risen, when Christ
is clearly seen to have been slain and risen in Rev 5 in symbol.
The book involves its opening ONLY AFTER Christ was risen from the dead
as seen as the lamb slain standing in Rev. 5.  The book of life,
however, was opened long before this!

The basis upon which Jesus can open the Book is not due to his deity,
but rather due to His humanity in replacing Adam as King since Adam fell.
What "MAN" is worthy?  No "MAN" was found.  Then CHRIST comes!  The MAN
Christ Jesus.  Upon that basis you must conclude that Adam had the book
in his hand!  And Adam held no book of life, spiritually speaking.

That is why I say that the book represents the DEED OF REDEMPTION
in the sens eof a PROPERTY's TITLE DEED, since comparison to Jer 32
proves it out.  You must understand the Levirate Law, though.

Adam in effect had the book, but LOST IT.  Levirate Law, as seen in
Jeremiah's command from God to REDEEM the PROPERTY, which his "kin" lost
and which deed was to be put into an earthen vessel, implies that
the PROPERTY of humanity and rulership over the KINGDOM which Adam
once had was lost, and had to be redeemed by a KINSMAN.  That kinsman
was Christ.  The lamb who retrieved the book.

So, did Adam have a book of life which was lost and retrieved by Jesus?
No.  The book represents mankind's heritage in the kingdom.  Lost under
Adam but gained through the last Adam, Christ.

> > > Me B4:
> > > (angel with book) Couldn't be Jesus.
>
> Me:
> John indentifies this being as the "angel of the Lord" at
> the very beginning of the Revelation.  When does he change
> into Jesus.
> does this angel have many of the attributes of God.

When is the angel at the begining called the "MIGHTY ANGEL?"
This is not proven to be the SAME angel you read about at first.

What about THE ANGEL in Rev 8:3 and another angel in 8:5?  Which one of
these is the one from Rev 1:1???

I disagree with you since the mighty angel in Rev 10 has the same
characteristics which Jesus has.

> Yeah,
> the "angels of the Lord" always have, they even speak as
> God in the first person.  This angel does this sometimes
> and speaks as Jesus in the first person sometimes but is
> still the "angel" according to John:
> Revelation 1:1, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God
> gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must
> shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his
> angel unto his servant John:"  By His angel (capital H is
> mine).  It is the angel unless it says otherwise.

How do you know this is the same angel?  Many angels are seen in
Revelation, and you are forgetting that "ANGEL" really means
MESSENGER.  Did not God SEND THE SON?  As messengers are sent.

--
In Christ,
Mike Blume