Marriage.

Jerry Moon (moon@netjava.com)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 01:54:26 +0000

At 01:39 PM 2/23/97 +0000,  K. Glen Smith wrote:

Lev 20:10
10	And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he
that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the
adulteress shall surely be put to death. (KJV)

Bro. Smith, I would first like to point out, that in the old testament,
devorce of a adulterer, or a adulteress was not a question. There was no
such thing because they were put to death. The innocent party, became a
widow, or widower.

>Respectfully, Bro. Litteral, adultery and fornication are two
>different things.  Jesus is referring to Deuteronomy 22:13,14.  If on
>your wedding night you find out your spouse is a fornicator, then you
>can end the marriage right there and remarry.  However, after you're
>married and your spouse commits adultry, you *do not* have the right to
>remarry.  Adultery and fornication are two different things.  They
>are mentioned as separate things in the bible.  You can't plug
>adultery into Matthew 5:32.  It says fornication.

Regarding Matthew 5:32, my Strongs Concordance says this about fornication.

4202  porneia (por-ni'-ah);
from 4203; harlotry (including adultery and incest); figuratively, idolatry:
KJV-- fornication.

http://www.netjava.com/~moon
moon@netjava.com
						Jerry Moon