Was Dispensationalism

suprdave@lightspeed.net (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:35:43 -0800

Somebody wrote:
>> I have been told that there is no use for the Greek or Hebrew. I have been
>>assured that all we need to do is to read the KJV.
>
>Dr. Marvin Arnold was telling me once, that the Greek was very unstable. It
>was full of double talk and was sometimes dangerous to stand on to
>strongly. Evidently, from what he was saying, you could think that a guy
>was going to give you a car, and when it was all said and done, you owed
>him $20,000. Greek is very dangerous.
>http://www.netjava.com/~moon
>moon@netjava.com
>						Jerry Moon

Jerry,

Since your signature is underneath, I'm assuming that you wrote this. Any
Greek Scholar will tell you that Greek is a very precise language. It's our
english language that has changed down through the centuries. Words today
that  were used back then mean something different today.

The comment that Greek is "full of double talk" is untrue. I'm no Greek
scholar, but have spoken with men who have studied it. Ask any professor of
Theology, a credible one that is. Several places to start would be Fuller
Theological Seminary, Dallas Theological Seminary, or Westminister Seminary.

The KJV also contains words that are not meant to be taken literal. Example,
see Luke 14:26. Jesus said if we love him, we must hate our mother, father,
sister, brother, wife and children. However, thanks for clarification in the
Greek, the word "hate" means to "love less" and not as we understand it to be.

David <>< ± † ±