Women in the pulpit

suprdave@lightspeed.net (suprdave@lightspeed.net)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:04:36 -0800

You wrote:
>My thing was that I PERSONALLY don't care for a woman preacher or pastor
>because of the experiences that I have had PERSONALLY with them, and I
>mentioned those things before. I know that the women are permitted to labor
>with men in the gospel. However, from what I'VE seen, they don't make very
>good leaders because of emotions, control, etc.

I really think that this is taking a very dim view at women. Some of the
fruits of the Holy Ghost is self-control and patience. This is what He (the
Holy Ghost) brings to those He fills. Men and women both in the natural have
problems with emotions not just women. Women, unfortunately, have been
undermined in Pentecostal groups.

I heard a preacher say this one time and it made everyone laugh that heard
him. He said "I grew up in a strict Pentecostal Church that preached against
how sinful women were and how bad they were, Jezebel's, etc." He went on to
say "If women are so bad, how come every man wants one???"

Dave <>< ± † ±