The moving of God

Bill Clifton (@nettaxi.com)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 07:55:22 -0700

Tyler Nally wrote:

> Since then, the mechanism that's in place now is a Bible college where all
> of these *called* preachers are no longer servants of saints.  But those
> puffed up with knowledge without power.

I count myself fortunate to have found an on fire preacher that is a product of a
Bible College. The phenomina that Bro Tyler spoke of is no different than the
phenomina that occurs in all colleges. In engineering there are a few good
students, in medicine a few good students and so on. The difference is (after
talking a bit with my pastor) that in secular colleges they dont worry as much
about flunking out people and the initial employer is not very concerned about
discouraging the newly graduate. Now a Bible college treats their students a
little different and pastors are easy on the graduates that get lucky enough to
find positions. This prevents the "bad ones" from being weeded out. Whereas with
a non-Bible School grad the person must be dedicated since they almost always
start out working full-time and ministering part time ( a tough row to hoe ).
This will weed out most of the ones that are not in the Lord's will.

But a young person called of God to ministry can get a wealth of knowledge in
Bible College, but it is all book knowledge. This is where the next few years
must be spent to get that people knowledge ( for my pastor it was 9+ years under
3 differnt pastors ) to learn to efffectively minster. Tradition has that Paul
was educated (part of the Levical Priesthood if I remember right), yet after his
conversion he spent 3.5 years in serious desert training, this is the failing of
Bible Colleges, the expectation of the graduates to hit the ground a preachin',
they need their desert training first. This will separate the called from the
wanna-bes.

just my $0.02 worth

Lord Bless,
Bro. Bill Clifton