Taco Liberty Bell

Mark Bassett (mbasset@iconn.net)
Tue, 02 Apr 1996 20:18:24 GMT

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996 11:31:40 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>Hey, did anyone else see that *hilarious* full page ad from Taco
>Bell in the April 1 USA Today newspaper?

On another note, I saw this in the NY Times - I dont take USA Today.
There also a full page add. A joke... Do you know the cost of a full
page add ?

My mind returned to the great pleasure we experienced in viewing the
full-page purchased for Pentecost Sunday of 1995. This took sacrifice,
and was quite unusual.

A fast food company purchases the same and more at a whim.

Saints of God, how precious is the gospel of our salvation! If we
sacrifice and cannot nearly match the financial power and appearance
of the worlds powers, even its religions, does it not point to the the
incomparable and immeasurable beauty of true salvation ? This cannot
be measured in terms of earthly things, and cannot even be seen by
those who may attempt to convert the world by finance and talent.

We have this treasure in earthen vessels that the power may be know to
be of God, and not of men.

This is not to discourage giving, but realize that in giving, you swe
the seed for a God who can multiple a grain of mustard, and prepare a
feast for a multitude with our humble and earnest sacrifice. Don't be
intimidated, but give freely and it shall be given unto you.

-mwb