Depression

Ronald J. Bowden (flatfoot@juno.com)
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:08:24 PST

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996 15:49:46 -0500 "Robert J. Brown" <rj@eli.wariat.org>
writes:

>I am not saying that God cannot heal these things, but God heals for
>his glory.  If modern medicine is available and has an effective
>treatment, I suspect God would rather do something obviously
>miraculous than something that would be discounted by most people.

I would not limit God to our human understanding.  The Scripture is plain
that God will heal us and it is according to our faith.  I do not believe
that God is looking for only miraculous healings but rather to fulfill
His promises to those that serve Him.

>There also exists the distinct possibility of malpractice.  If you are
>a church employee, or even a volunteer worker, you place yourself and
>the church in danger of a lawsuit.  Since you have this person living
>in your home at age 18, he may or may not be classified as a minor.  I
>would work with his doctor towards removing medication if you feel
>that is the thing God wants.

Using common sense is always a good idea .. but there are times when we
must step out in faith on what we believe God is telling us and put
aside what we think is being careful.  I wonder if common sense would
have allowed the three Hebrew boys to step into the fire, or another to
step out on water with the Lord!