Asthma

"Cyndi Taylor" (tayloca@fgp.ufl.edu)
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 12:46:14 EST

Date:          Thu, 18 Apr 1996 11:16:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:          richardm@cd.com (Richard Masoner)
To:            higher-fire@prairienet.org (Higher Fire)
Subject:       Re: Depression

Before I was saved, I suffered from severe asthma.  Since
receiving the Holy Ghost (seven years ago next month! :-), I
have not suffered from any asthma attacks!  I no longer carry
around the albuterol.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

I too had suffered from severe asthma since childhood.  I had not
grown out of it as my doctor once thought I would.  I had taken
various drugs from the time I was six or seven years old.  I had one
of the 1st "sprays" (as I call them) when I was in 4th grade.  It was
a strange thing, blown glass with a gray rubber bulb on the bottom
and a gray rubber stopper in the top.  The medicine came in a little
bottle and I would just pour a little into the top where the stopper
was, squezze the bulb and it would mistify some of the medicine that
I would then breath in.  (I wish I still had this contraption.  It
would be an antique)

About six years ago, Bro. Lloyd Bustard was at our church preaching a
revival.  We had only been in church about 4 or 5 months.  Bro.
Bustard called me out to pray for.  He didn't say what the need was
but that he must pray.  My mind was spinning.... I thought
momentarily that God could heal me but my thought was that I had
lived with asthma for over 20 years so I could live with it.  It must be
for my daughter to get the Holy Ghost.  That's why he wanted to pray
with me.  (I know, what does a brand new baby know).  We prayed and I
felt so very comforted that my daughter would get the Holy Ghost
soon.  She was about 13 at the time.

That evening in service, my daughter received the Holy Ghost and we
all shouted.  (Mind you I had not shared any of my thoughts with
anyone).

Several months later, I was having an extremely stressful day, I went
to the cupboard to get my theophyline (my spelling is terrible).  It
was at that point that I realized that I had not refilled my
prescription and it was many weeks past due and it wasn't anywhere
near being empty.  I stood there trying to think how often I had been
taking my medicine.  I was suppose to take it three times a day.  As
near as I could figure I had been taking the medicine on a
hit-or-miss basis.  Not really thinking about it.  I was fully
convinced at that point that God had healed me several months prior
but that the realization had not come to me.

Not only did my daughter receive the Holy Ghost that night but God
had healed me also.

I thank God for the great works he has done in my life.  Saving me,
healing me, and many more.

Shout to God with a Loud Voice!!!!

PRAISE JESUS.

Cyndi Taylor