cults

Chris Foster (cf01@zeus.odyssey.net)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 09:11:20 -0400 (EDT)

>>At 1:06 PM 4/18/96, Frank Welder wrote:
>>
>>>As for me and my household we will obey Acts 2:38 and have the name
>>>of Jesus said over us for the [].
>>
>>Frank:
>>
>>This is not a flame, but a sincere question. Could you share with us how
>>you arrived at the conclusion that Acts 2:38 means that the name of Jesus
>>should be said over us?
>>
>>Ron S.
>
>Hello ALL.
>It is another question that I have encountered.

God can choose many ways to bring this revelation to a person, but I will
touch on two

Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all
things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even
unto the end of the world. Amen.

We are *commanded* and *commissioned* to teach all nations baptizing them in
the *NAME*  This was carried out by Peter *after* he obeyed the instruction
of the Lord to tarry in Jerusalem until he was endued with power from on
high.  Jesus said that they would be witnesses (a true witness must speak
the truth) *after* that the Holy Ghost came upon them.  On the day of
Pentecost the Holy Ghost fell on them and Peter preached that thsi si that
spoken of by Joel.  When conviction fell on the listening crowd they queried
what shall we do.....Peter followed the commission and gave the
commandment...Repent and be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
remission of sins.  First reason you should have the name of Jesus Spoken of
you in Baptism is because it is the truth of the commission.

The second reason you should have the name of Jesus spoken over you in
baptism is

For the *remission of sins*.  It does not read remission of your sins but
remission of sins.  The word sins might make you think of the many sins one
has committed, but the word is to alter us to the types of sin.  Those being
sins that I have done and sins done against me.

My Father was an alchoholic and in his drunken stuper would beat us
unmercifully with clenched fists and kicking.  Those sins he did against me
put hate in my heart for him.  When I was baptized in Jesus name it was for
the *remission of SINS*  Those sins, my own and those of my father's against
me are remitted from my life.  I AM FREE FROM SIN!  No more hate for My SINS
are remitted.

If people want to argue about the pain sense of the scriptural maxim of
Matthew 28:19 in conjunction with Acts 2:38 then let them remain blind until
Jesus reveals it to them they just want to argue.

He who sows is nothing but a sowing sower.