Finding the Ark (coming to a Holiday-Inn near you!)

Mark Bassett (mbasset@iconn.net)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:45:11 GMT

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 17:00:47 PST, you wrote:

>Recently,I sent a message to H-F about Melatonin and someone wrote back
>So,God told you! End of case.We can't oppose any statement made with that
>declaration.
>
>What ever happened to the people who had "the word of knowledge" and
>"the word of wisdom" working in their lives?Why are we afraid of the
>gifts of the spirit?

I don't want to offend your spirit, but not every declaration that
comes with "God told me" is nesesarilly of God, and for people to
generally be aware of that is not doubt and unbelief, friend.

We all ought to realize that well meaning people and genuine believers
can have thoughts and concepts which, though sincere, are not really
correct. It is not a shame to have an opinion and even an inspired
opinion. It IS a shame to have to justify that opinon with strong
spiritual prejudice, even blaming God for it.

We ALL need to know that the Apostles, and their successors (the
church) are commissioned to speak in the nme of of the Lord, but not
to make doctrine and declare truth as absolute without the support of
the Apostolic foundations. In the first generation, the Apostolic
foundations was the law and prophets (which is why the Bereans were
considered noble to test those foundations). Our foundations include
their revelation.

The gifts of the spirit operate correctly and properly WHILE people
aslo express their meaningful and valid opinions. However, both the
opinoions AND the utterances of the church are subject unto the
prophets and the church. That is simply to say, you should never say
anything without thinking it will be placed in scrutiny to test for
its truth.

>Maybe MIT doesn't teach spiritual things.

MIT does not teach spiritual things, but neither is that pertinent.

>It is a known fact that Israel has the ARK of the covenant and it can be
>verified by contacting many sources other than Ron Wyatt.

Im sorry to say, this is NOT a "well known fact". I can also add,
neither is it a very significant issue.

>Try contacting  "The Temple Mount and Land of Israel Faithful Movement"
>P.O.Box 18325  Jerusalem 94386 Israel     (02)660611  Phone
>Fax: (02)612395.

>I heard a Israeli man speak on this two months ago,who is not associated
>with Ron Wyatt.

Many of us who know some of the details about _____, ____ , and others
who have been involved with prophecy related activities are quite
aware of all these matters, and still  do not believe that everything
that moves in and around Israel is related to the will of God, nor are
ALL the claims of spectacular events regarding this very marketable
subject really true. That is just common sense, Bro.

I DO believe that God is doing mightly things, and that wonderful
revelations are available everyday. I also beleive that God is
restoring Israel to a place where the next era will see it chief of
all nations. However, when, how and where they build the Temple is a
matter which people make a lot of money on, and if you dont mind my
saying, it don't matter a proverbial hill of beans.

>We should not speak disgustingly of anyone unless you know the whole
>story.

I agree.