Evolutionist/Environmentalist

Walter Copes (wcopes@communique.net)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 14:04:10 -0500

To: richardm@cd.com (Richard Masoner)
From: wcopes@communique.net (Walter Copes)
Subject: Environmental Issues

 RM> What environmentalists, PETA activists, etc, fail to mention is
 RM> that the environment can take care of itself quite nicely, even
 RM> *IF* the secularists are right and we're the result of random
 RM> selection.

     For some strange reason they ignore and want us to ignore the
fact that volcanoes can and do spew into the atmosphere more pollution
in a single eruption than everything man does in a year or more. When
Mount Penatubo (sp?) in the Philippines erupted a few years ago it put
enough ash into the air to cause a large change in El Nino and a
significant shift in the jet stream across the Pacific. That in turn
directly affected the weather patterns over the U.S.

     It is not without cause that many of them are referred to as
"tree huggers." Some of the more vocal of the movement are pantheists.
While the reasoning may be twisted to us they do believe that nature
is god and to cut down a tree is to destroy a part of god.

 RM>The original life-forms on this planet manufactured their own
 RM>poisons and were so successful that they totally changed the
 RM>atmosphere of this planet two billion years ago.  Unfortunately
 RM>for them, the nice nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide mix we have
 RM>today killed them early critters to extinction.

     From the evidence one can easily conclude that they do not be-
lieve their own propaganda. Evolution is supposed to be the survival
of the fittest. Yet they insist upon others paying taxes to help the
needy, to do medical research to cure AIDS and other diseases, protect
animals over the welfare of humans, etc. If they believe their own
doctrine they would advocate no help for anyone. Radiation in the
environment would be a cause for mutation which is one factor (they
claim) for new species coming into being. The killing of any animal(s)
simply means that they are unfit to survive and should die out to make
room for a new species. Thus if one accepts evolution all the hospi-
tals should be torn down so that the species can improve and evolve.

Walter Copes
The joy of the Lord is my strength
(wcopes@communique.net)
Walter L Copes